Sunday, January 24, 2010

Transmorphers 2: The Fall of Man (2009)


Transmorphers 2: The Fall of Man (2009) is a movie that pins humans against morphers. They are able to transmorph into various threatening robots, occasionally with flying abilities. They also drive cars and shoot small lasers. Humans don't stand a chance. Or do they??

This film stars an unlikely cast of actors. They are in the beautiful town of Backersfield, California. In Backersfield, blackberry attack you! Not the other way around, as one might expect. Satellite dishes also turn into robots. And Nissan pathfinders unleash devastating attacks on military bases. Welcome to Obama's America!


Thankfully the humans are a resilient bunch. One woman is stabbed through the leg, but it's just a scratch, and she can run to safety. Another guy is an older gentleman who doesn't blink. This is helpful in fighting robots, because you may miss a lot when blinking.



Also finally humans aren't afraid to torture. A robot is waterboarded for information, which proves useful in infliltrating a Bulgarian compound. I cannot make this up. The writers of this film were really on to something with their social commentary.



There is also a good deal of pointless martyrdom, which I was happy to see. Sometimes six or seven people is just too much on screen, and I'm happy when one gives up his life to make my viewing experience more enjoyable. One uncle crashed his helicopter into an immobile robot, thereby making him more immoble, thankfully.

Man fell numerous times in this film; the title is accurate. The main character also tripped while trying to slow dance. And I think we can all relate to that.

Generally I thought this film was terrific. One could say it was trans-formational, though only time will tell how much it morphed me. Thanks to this film, I threw my blackberry out of my mom's Oldsmobile. I'll never know if my life was saved that fateful morning, on the way to Wendy's. We'll find out soon enough, in Transmorphers 3: The Remophing. "Five Stars."

No comments:

Post a Comment